Good morning breakfast club! It’s been a while… Sometimes I get the chance to bake some goodies for breakfast when my Rhys plays himself into a nap. This morning was one of those mornings!
I am a freak for breakfast foods, any kind. I can eat breakfast for brunch, lunch, dinner, dessert, and still wake up the next morning… wanting breakfast! My sweet tooth was bugging me today and I knew I wanted to bake something yummy-licious. I found this recipe for Oven Baked French Culler Donuts with a simple sugary glaze and decided to give it a try.
Oven Baked French Culler Donuts
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tbs butter (sliced)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a saucepan bring water, butter, sugar & salt to a boil.
- Lower heat, add in flour. Mix well.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently on medium- low heat for 4-6 minutes to steam as much water out as possible trying not to burn.
- Once a thin layer of film forms in the bottom of pan, turn off heat.
- Transfer dough to a bowl. Using an electric mixer beat dough for 1 minute to cool down.
- Beat in one egg at a time making sure to scrape sides and mix well.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag (ziplock works just as well)
- Squeeze dough in circular shapes onto greased or lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 450 then reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven. Leave donuts to cool with oven door slightly open.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix powdered sugar, vanilla & milk to make a thin glaze.
- Once donuts have cooled, dip the top into glaze and let sit until glaze is set.
- Best eaten same day.
I hope y’all enjoy this delicious donut recipe to change up your daily breakfast routine. I munched on a few of these sitting in my hammock swing by the big windows in my living room, sipping on a cup of chai tea.